Followers

Friday, November 18, 2011

Week 4 Blog - Physics and Graphics

So this week we really focused on physics and graphics. We made some progress in that we now know how to apply forces to our projectile and we have started implementing a damage system that should be done in the next week or two. Other than that I was able to retrieve physics information in the rendering class so rendering the individual pieces shouldn't be too hard. As well, since box2d works in metric, I figured I'd also model in metric to keep everything in sync. I also found out that 39 OpenGL units = 1 meter, which will come in hand when converting from box2d's coordinates to ours.

More importantly than all I believe is that the backbone for the game has started to develop. I planned it out last week and this week started implementation, and it's been rocky with a few added problems than I expected, but if I've learned anything from software development that is to expect the unexpected. It's so hard to do something completely perfectly the first time and there most likely will be bugs and/or errors.

This upcoming week I'm definitely buckling down and turning up the heat as the graphics of this really need to be done ASAP, and it'll be good when done. I am worried about framerate though... we played a simple 3D space invaders game made with libgdx (not even incorporating box2d) on Jordan's phone and the framerate was a little low. I don't know if it's just his phone or if that's a common thing. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment