Followers

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 3

It's nice seeing things come together this week. I have now a better idea on the overall backbone of the game. I took some time and I made a UML diagram of the overall game and how it would switch screens and such. As well we got box2D working in our environment and that really shows us the power of the collision engine, and once we get it working in 3D it will be absolutely amazing looking. The one thing that's in the back of my mind that I'm thinking can be a problem is scaling. Box2D uses metric, which can also be used in 3DS MAX, but how will that translate to openGL? Exactly how big is 1 meter in OpenGL units? I guess what I can do is make a meter long model in 3DS MAX and start an object at the same spot as that MAX model, then move it length wise till it's displaced 1 meter. Then we'll have a conversion from OpenGL units to metric and vise versa. I do really wish they would've done the units for Box2D in American Units but then again it wouldn't make much sense.

I also had a new thought on launching the wrecking balls... I was thinking about having 2 cranes with a band between them so that we can do a launcher more like Angry Birds. It would be much more intuitive and easier on gameplay rather that the way it was originally set up.

I'm excited about things to come, what we are lacking right now is an Artist, which would be awesome to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment